Website design is an important factor in the success of your site. It is important to give a good first impression that will make visitors stay and eventually browse all throughout the site.
Since the homepage is usually the first page they see, you should make extra effort in this particular page. Well, it is also crucial not to overdo it.
Do not worry because in this article, we will share some guidelines to help you design a homepage that makes visitors stay.
- Be clear with your message – your homepage is where you introduce what the site is about. When someone sees the page, they should immediately know what to expect and basically what the site is about. Thus, it is important to be clear with the message that you wish to convey. You can make use of different elements like images or words. But you should be careful not to overdo it as you do not want to confuse the site visitors.
- Decide where to focus –you should have one focus and this is where you want the visitors to look at whether it is a statement, an image or video. This is an easier way to capture the attention of your site visitors. You only have a few seconds to get their attention so it is best to have one focus.
- Keep Sentences Brief and Concise – if you will be using words then be sure that your sentences are short and brief. You do not want to put too many words and long paragraphs on your homepage. This is very heavy to look at, and it’s possible that it will just turn the visitors away. So just use a few words that can be read in less than five seconds or in just a glance. Again, you only have a few seconds to capture attention of the audience so make use of it wisely.
- Use Clean Layout – your main goal is to make the homepage look clean and easy on the eyes. You should use a clean layout that is easy to look at. Online users especially the older ones hate messy sites or those that have too many elements that you do not know anymore where to look at.
- Use Formidable CTA – it is important to make the CTA or call-to-action formidable and prominent. You should smoothly lead visitors to other pages in the website without feeling lost or confused as to where or what they should click.
These are some tips to help you design your homepage. With these tips, you can capture the attention of visitors through homepage. This is your shot to make them stay and eventually lead them to your sales page or money page.
It is also advisable to always study the performance of your page whether you are receiving high bounce rate or where they particularly click or the time they stayed in the website.
With this, you can make necessary adjustments to improve your traffic and overall performance of the website. Do not be complacent instead you should always reinvent and improve. This way, you can keep up with the competition.